We are starting a new school year and in doing this, it has been a time of reflection and wanting God's best for our lives. Our Son, Allen Jr. , is starting his Senior year. This is a new journey for us and we need the Lord's guidance for what is to follow after this year. I know that we have 10 -11 months to decide, but that time will go by quickly.
I homeschool Makaela and she will be attending her first "Super Friday " this year. She is looking forward to her elective classes and seeing a friend as well as meeting new ones. Makaela and I will be having morning devotions together in a more structured format than we have had in the past. I'm not real confident in this area and hopefully she will learn something.
I think that is great about your morning devotions!! We are doing the same thing. i have broken out the old wisdom booklets, which I am sure you have MANY! It has been helpful, though I have not learned how to use much of it. The Bible stuff I bought them this year is too advanced for Jillian and too basic for Brooklyn, but I hate to NOT use it. So we are doing a whole bunch of stuff and mostly just winging it. We are spending a good hour just on Bible, I know they need it but I probably need it more! Did you know I couldn't even name a verse out load the other day when asked. I was the first to be picked and it was an all the sudden thing but PLEASE!!! Brooklyn kept saying MOM I know you know one. I was being cheered on, but to no avail nothing would come to mind!
ReplyDeleteAnyway, I don't think they care what we teach in Bible they just love seeing us be broken about our short comings and honest about trying to mend them!
Yes, we do have our wisdom booklets. :o) Allen I have been working with the children on Character qualities over the summer and we are continuing that into the school year. We have been picking one and going over everything many times, until even Allen Jr. can say parts of it from memory. It has really helped us all.
ReplyDelete