This post is mainly for me to remember what we are doing and what we have started our school year off with. :o)
Well, it is that time of year again, School Time!! We officially started on August 29th. On Friday, August 26th, Makaela's classes started. We are also went on a field trip to our Museum of Natural Science to see the "Texas" exhibit.
This is what we will be using for our school this year.
Makaela will be using Teaching Textbooks for Math again this year, along with Sheppard Software (Allen Jr. will be using this too). I'm adding Easy Grammar and using it with our Spelling Power for her English. We also bought the Vocabulary Cartoons book for her Vocabulary. Bible Truths from BJU Press, Wisdom Booklets (as a family) and of course the Bible. We are doing Texas History again this year along with our Mystery of History. Hopefully adding the audio part to our MOH this year to help out and Allen Jr. will enjoy that as well. One thing Allen Sr. bought at the Homeschool Conference was Makaela a Science program....Exploring Creation with General Science by Apologia. This book is a little overwhelming for me, so not sure how it will go, thankfully we have the audio and a companion cd as well, so that should help. For Geography we are using the Trail Guide to World Geography. We have decided to do something different for writing/penmanship this year...we have writing prompts, silly starters, etc. that Makaela will use for writing. She also will be doing outlines and drafts in writing, but then all Final copy work on the computer. Makaela and I will be doing a book study together using the "Beautiful Girlhood" and Companion guide. I have several other I'm looking at, but wanted to start with this one.
For Allen Jr., I'm going to let him do some of the same things as Makaela...Texas History and Mystery of History, but on his level. He will continue to have Before the Code books, some Critical Thinking pages and I bought him some books from Rod and Staff at the Conference. Allen has some preschool ABeka curriculum that we will do as well. In addition to some work pages, Allen will have several activities he can do each day or sometime during the week. Those are: Dry Erase board (he loves this), File folder activities/games, matching (cards) , lacing beads/boards, puzzles, Geo Safari Learning card system, Leap Frog learning items, sorting items, unifix cubes, play dough, learning games. Allen also has some learning computer games that he likes to do. So hopefully that will be enough to keep him busy. Lol
Well, I pray everyone has a blessed school year!
No comments:
Post a Comment