Well it seems it has been awhile since my last post...hahaha. Life has been busy and full. I will try to briefly post what we have been up to since January.
February - we were busy at our church getting ready for a Church meeting. Makaela was going to be able to work some in the dinning room helping the elderly or families with children getting to the tables to eat. Allen Sr. was over the Hotel accommodations and Ushering. I helped a good friend who was over the Serving line, so we were very busy.
March - school work was winding down and we had Spring Break in there with Dad. We did not do a lot this year, stayed close to home.
April - more school work and Birthday's. We have 3 family birthday's this month, my Mother's, Makaela's and mine. This was a mile stone Birthday for Makaela she turned 13th!! Her and Brooklyn have grown up so much, it seems like just a few years ago they were born. They are both beautiful girls and love the Lord.
May - finishing up school and getting ready for the summer. Lots going on this year.
June - we went to the Campground and took Allen Jr. this time. He had a wonderful time. We stayed with friends in their cabin and it worked out really good. Allen Sr. and I also helped again with the "Snack Bar" at night, we had fun and enjoyed working with the Jarnecke's From the Campground we went to Illinois to see family. We stayed there a week. It was wonderful to see family and spend time with everyone, but it was rough...Allen Jr. had some seizures while we were there, Allen Sr. and Makaela got sick with allergies due to the corn and heat. So we were glad to see family, but also glad to be home.
July - we had our 4th of July gathering at our church. That is always fun to see everyone and spend time with them. After that we went to eat with friends and go watch fireworks. The next week was our VBS. We did the "Ten Commandments" this year and the children all had fun and enjoyed themselves. Allen and I also did not stress out as much this year, we had lots of help. Allen Sr. went back to work right after VBS, so the children and I just did things around the house. Oh, we did the Youth trip to Arkansas with our youth since Makaela officially turned 13th this year. She really enjoyed being there and had a good time. We went so that Allen Jr. could go. We let Makaela be with the youth and under the youth leader, we were just there to help if needed and be there with Allen Jr.
August - Allen Jr. turned 22 this year. He was so excited when we had his party. We went to the Home school conference. We were able to see several friends that we only see at that time. It was a good weekend, I went away with a ton of information to process and review over the school year. Around the 13th we officially started our Home school. Originally I was going to wait until the public school started, but decided to go ahead, that way we can take a day off here and there.
September - well we have officially finished a month and half of this years school. We are getting into a routine. The program that Allen Jr. is in has added a few more therapies to his schedule and we are trying to adjust and get those in each week. Makaela and I are learning how to work around the therapist being here and do what needs to be done and when. This is also a special month for us are school work has been talking about "Mercy" and forgiveness at the same time our Pastor(s) are talking along those line at church and getting us ready to take communion. (well we already took it, this past weekend September 23rd) The last time we (our church) took communion was 22 years ago. I have only done this three times in my life. The Lord really dealt with me on some things to change and thankfully I only had to make two phone calls to make things right with someone. I'm sure there are many things over the next few weeks the Lord will show me that I need to work on and with his grace and mercy I hope that I can.
Well that is what we have been up to this year and I cannot believe it has gone by so fast.
Until next time......Happy Fall - my favorite time of the year!!
No comments:
Post a Comment