Wow! We are having some unusual weather for south Texas. We have been below freezing the last few nights and not out of the 30's during the day. Our heater is having trouble keeping up. For this afternoon and evening they are predicting a sleet/snow mixture. Not sure that it is going to happen, but we are ready if it does come. Have been preparing everything as if we are having a hurricane, minus boarding up widows and stuff like that. We have plans if the power goes out and have had fun cooking, baking, etc. The children want to play games and watch movies, so we have been planning those out.
The children had Horse Showmanship at the FFA show planned for tomorrow, but they have canceled that and several school districts have canceled classes as well.
If we get snow or ice, will post pictures in the next few days. We plan on staying in and staying warm, making some memories.
Tomball ISD is closed too.
ReplyDeleteLonging for Springtime!!!
Becky ~ to my knowledge most of the schools around here are out. I'm ready for Spring too. I really don't want the Summer heat, but I do like Spring. We have finished a game and now on to watch a few "I Love Lucy's" :o)
ReplyDeleteEven down around our area (Beaumont) all the schools are closing. In the past they usually do this the morning of after they know for sure it is going to snow. It is a bit odd that they have made the decision already. Hope it snows are they are all be feeling a bit silly. ;)
ReplyDeleteI am thinking we will be drinking hot chocolate, roasting marshmallows in the fire, maybe a weiner roast via fireplace, too. And, of course, playing in the snow if we get some!
"It feels like home to me. . .it's where I love to be. . ." I am glad it's not this cold for those who have to go outdoors and work all the time. . .but I certainly do enjoy the cozy warmth inside the home.
ReplyDeleteSorry we didn't get any snow as I know the kids would have loved it. The ice is another issue as so many can get hurt really fast. . .on foot or in a car. I'm glad they "closed" most everything. Too dangerous with people who are not used to these conditions.